nv-l

tme 10 - Netview on Solaris.

2001-05-04 08:01:22
Subject: tme 10 - Netview on Solaris.
From: pjaipras AT in.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 17:31:22 +0530
Hi All,

We have Tivoli Netview running on Solaris.

After the installation we faced some problems.

Whenever a interface on a router failed for more than 24 hours, the Netview
database would lose the interface and will never appear again in the
details of the router.

Even after added these same manually it would not detect the same.

The problem is detected for routers also. we have couple of routers where
they were out of the network for more than 24 hours, after they have come
back into the network, the Netview does not detect the same. After manual
addition the icon remains blue in colour with no details.

The complete network is based on Cisco routers.

They are 2500, 2600, 3600 & 7200 series routers.

All are having the same SNMP community.

Netview has a discovery based on a seed file. Polling time is 5 minutes.

Please advise do we need to add or change any setting in the Netview.

Looking forward for some suggestions / solutions..

Thanking you,
With Warm Regards,

Jaiprasad,

Certified Tivoli Consultant,
Microsoft Certified Professional,
Certified Unicenter Engineer,

Tivoli Services (ISMS), IBM Global Services India,
"Prestige  Towers", 99 Residency Road  , Bangalore 560 025, INDIA.
Phone : (91)-80-2079999, 2227500 , 2079001  x2288
Fax : (91)-80-2079011  ; E-mail : pjaipras AT in.ibm DOT com