nv-l

Re: CNAT Configuration

2001-05-02 15:55:11
Subject: Re: CNAT Configuration
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:55:11 -0400
One of the CNAT guys asked me to post this.

1.  The NetView machine only has to placed behind a router if you plan to
use the failover mechanism.  If you are not going to have a redundant
(backup) CNAT then the NetView machine can be on the same subnet as the
normalized interface.  When you configure CNAT, just enter some address
that CNAT can ping on the normalized side so that CNAT will think the
network is "happy."

2.  Managed devices should forward their traps to NetView.  CNAT is not a
trap forwarder.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

---------------------- Forwarded by James Shanks/Tivoli Systems on

John Mackney <john.mackney AT uk.logical DOT com>@tkg.com on 04/26/2001 05:26:26
AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com