nv-l

Re: Netview 6.01 "nvinstall.exe -nu not working"

2001-05-02 00:14:19
Subject: Re: Netview 6.01 "nvinstall.exe -nu not working"
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 00:14:19 -0400
Ok, here's what it is. You can install 6.0 on a backup domain controller,
but you cannot install or upgrade to 6.01 or 6.02. An apar has been opened
to fix this, and hopefully it will make the next release.

Lessons learned:
The manual says this is a supported configuration but not recommended.
I will add that I personally do not want to ever do it again. It is not
just
a performance issue, which can be overcome given enough hardware.
The real issue is installing new products on production machines running
what might amount to a lot of mission-critical software. If it is 'not
recommended',
take that to mean you can expect multiple outages while getting it to work.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS AT tkg DOT com on 04/30/2001 12:35:55 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com