nv-l

Re: X-Window user creation

2001-02-27 08:18:00
Subject: Re: X-Window user creation
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:18:00 -0500
A user from a PC via X-emulation is exactly the same as a Motif
user on the server.  If you are asking how to create a user on the
server, or set up its environments, please ask again.

 Map versus submap:

You have a map called 'default', with many submaps. You may
have other maps as well. To launch Netview with a particular
map, the user can run, for example,
        netview -map mymap -ro
See the man page for the netview command for more options.
You can specify this command in your X -emulator, for example
      aixterm -d @a:0.0 -e netview -map mymap
Take care that the named map actually exists. Or, once the map
is open by that user, do 'Options...Set Default Map'.

Once a map is open, you can navigate to a certain submap, and
set that as the home submap. This is done under 'Options...
Set Home Submap'. This submap will be opened first when
the user launches this map, and the user will be returned to it
when the context menu choice 'Home' is selected.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars AT bharatpetroleum DOT com>@tkg.com on 02/27/2001
06:00:08 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com