nv-l

Re: MLM ICON blank

2001-02-22 02:24:53
Subject: Re: MLM ICON blank
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:24:53 -0500
The generic symbol, when the node is snmp-reachable, just means that
Netview is not familiar with that agent (snmp SysObjectID). You need to
update the /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type and /usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym
files (can do via serversetup or smitty nv6000). You may also need to
add the agents (/usr/OV/fields/C/snmp_fields) and vendors
(/usr/OV/fields/C/ovw_fields) if they are not already defined. This is
covered in Inst & Config, Chapter 7, Mapping symbols to nodes.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Montoya Vincent-O10501 <Vincent.Montoya AT motorola DOT com>@tkg.com on
02/20/2001
05:17:04 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com