nv-l

MLM ICON blank and Nodes not appearing on map for couple of my ML M's

2001-02-20 17:17:04
Subject: MLM ICON blank and Nodes not appearing on map for couple of my ML M's
From: Montoya Vincent-O10501 <Vincent.Montoya AT motorola DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:17:04 -0700

AIX Version 4.3
NetView Version 6.0
Seed file with non-snmp and snmp enabled agents. No ranges (wildcards) are
specified.
Mid-Level Management is beeing implemented.

I have an node icon that is blank. I thought this usually means that it is
not snmp enabled. I did an snmpwalk hostname sytem and SNMP is running.
Before I started working on the problem it was in the seed file but without
the SNMP flag on. I modified the seed file and did an netmon -y command and
it still did not work. I also did a demand poll and still no luck. I'm
thinking I should cycle ovtopmd. Does anyone have suggestions?

Also, the map for a couple of my MLM's do not reflect the nodes that report
to it. Again, any suggestions?