nv-l

RE: Archiving/celaring thresholds files

2001-02-20 06:45:28
Subject: RE: Archiving/celaring thresholds files
From: W.M.de.Bruin AT DNB DOT NL
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:45:28 +0100
Szymon

With snmpColDump you can dump the contents of a collection database to
ASCII.
You can then extract the data you want, say for the past month, and write
back to the database only the information you want to keep in your binary
database.
The dumped data can then be tarred, zipped, deleted.......

Have a look at the man pages for snmpColDump, or in the administrators
reference.

I use it to do monthly maintenance on my snmpCollect databases, and it
works just fine.

If you need more infromation, let me know, I can let you have a sample of
such a script.

Regards
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation