nv-l

RE: Managed Node to TMR question?

2001-02-15 14:23:44
Subject: RE: Managed Node to TMR question?
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:23:44 -0600

        I was afraid of that. I have a HUGE environment and I am attempting
to keep the load on the box low where ever possible. Thanks for the info.

        Scott

        Scott,

        I was headed in the same direction a while back and was informed
that the
        processing req's of the two combined would really load down the
server.
        That, of course, would really depend on how much you're trying to
manage
        (combined). At the time, my environment was rather large, so it
became a
        moot point. Perhaps some judicious use of MLM's and gateways would
alleviate
        this load, I don't really know. That was also some time ago and
there may be
        new limitations on each app that prohibit co-habitation altogether.

        Regards,

        Steve Elliott
        Sr. Network Mgmt. Engineer
        epicRealm, Inc.