nv-l

Action item in ruleset editor

2001-01-17 11:16:31
Subject: Action item in ruleset editor
From: Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:16:31 -0600

AIX 4.3.3 NetView 6.0.1

I am using a ruleset to watch 4 smartsets and if a node enters a Smartset based
on that Smartsets rule the event is forwared to TEC for action (e-mail, page,
TPM ticket). The problem I have is I want different groups notified for each of
the 4 Smartsets. I can do some kind of script on the TEC side, but I was
wondering if a "Action" from the ruleset editor for each event flow in the rule
set for each smartset would be a better idea? That "Action" could run a
wpostemsg so TEC could then send the alerts to different groups. I was wondering
if anyone has tried this and is there a to capture the trap info from the rule
"Pass on match" block to use in the "Action" script? Hope this makes sense?
Thanks.

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik AT fritolay DOT com