nv-l

Re: White Symbol Color and Unreachable Status

2000-12-26 09:38:18
Subject: Re: White Symbol Color and Unreachable Status
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:38:18 -0500
I'm not sure I understand your question, but maybe this will help.
When a router is unreachable, it goes white, not yellow. White means
unreachable. It means we don't know the status, because we cannot
ping anything on any network that router is on. The router may be up,
but the router between us and that router has an outage. Yellow means
we can reach at least one interface on that router, but not all of them.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

"Shalom Vanunu" <shalomv AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>@tkg.com on 12/22/2000 06:03:43 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com