nv-l

Re: Smartsets and rules

2000-12-21 11:11:20
Subject: Re: Smartsets and rules
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:11:20 -0500
No, there isn't because you are thinking of this in the wrong way.  The
event is just an incoming event, one of hundreds in the event stream.  The
smartsets are just like filters -- you either pass them or you don't.  They
don't add anything to the event.  It remains unchanged.   If you wanted to
alter the event  you would have to have an action node ,which runs a script
to capture the event variables and send out a new event with some new piece
of information in a new variable, using snmptrap.  You could do that but it
would be a lot of work.   Some people do do this for TEC however.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT [email protected] on 12/21/2000 09:59:08 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com