nv-l

Smartsets and rules

2000-12-21 09:59:08
Subject: Smartsets and rules
From: Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:59:08 -0600
I am using NetView 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3

I have a NetView rule that looks at 3 Smartsets. The 3 Smartsets were created
using the nvdbimport utility. I am looking for "Node Down" and then I forward to
TEC. One Smartset contains Lotus Notes hardware of various types (that's why I
used the nvdbimport), another contains various Windows NT servers, and the other
contains Tivoli Infrastructure machines. I have the rule set to forward a Node
Down trap to TEC. My question is..... Is there a way to identify which group the
Node Down came from? I hope this makes sense.

Scott Bursik