nv-l

Don't try this

2000-12-20 23:03:48
Subject: Don't try this
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:03:48 -0500
In case you were curious, I'll tell you so you won't have to try it.
That new filter function that just shows you nodes of a certain status
on the current submap? Don't do it on submaps where you have
turned off automatic layout and arranged the nodes. Because what
it is doing is a Hide. And when you un-filter the stuff, it comes back
in the New Object Holding Area. If it weren't such a dumb thing to
do, I'd open a ticket and complain. I just had to know what would
happen...

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark