nv-l

Re: Please help

2000-12-20 15:01:57
Subject: Re: Please help
From: ttjohns AT attglobal DOT net
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:01:57 +0000
Try reading the Netview Installation & Configuration Guide in the chapter
for "Optional Configuration Tasks". Also the locations.conf file located in
/usr/OV/conf distributed with Netview 6.0 has a pretty good writeup in the
head of the file.

Beware, the locations.conf file has a limit of 1000 locations. Anything
above this will cause IP Map to conitinually connect and disconnect with
the trapd process. There is an APAR out for this but I have no idea when it
will be fixed.

1000 locations is nowhere near enough if you are a large bank....I just
can't believe Tivoli/IBM have sent the product out with this limit, as
large accounts really need this feature for automating the build of the
Internet Map.

For seed files, try looking at the help available for the netmon daemon.

I wonder whether James S knows if 6.0.2 will have the 1000 location limit
fixed ?