nv-l

Re: Subject: RE: SmartSet Bug ?

2000-12-20 08:36:03
Subject: Re: Subject: RE: SmartSet Bug ?
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:36:03 -0500
IYI4285 is not included.  It is still open, meaning there is no fix yet.
Generally speaking Level 2 will notify the originator of the  APAR when it
is fixed and tell you what level of maintenance it will be included in.
This is then communicated to all  users with problems open to Support who
have identified themselves as interested parties to that APAR.  Not only in
this case, but in almost all cases, if you haven't heard from them, then
there is probably no fix available, because they will be eager to close the
call and get it off their books.   This is the same general procedure used
throughout IBM.

As per my usual practice, once 6.0.2 is through Verification and released
to manufacturing, I will post the list of defects included here on the
list.  I have been doing this as a public service since Version 4.   I
don't do it early because there is still the chance that one or more
defects will be rejected at the last minute.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner AT rfv.sfa DOT se>@tkg.com on 12/20/2000 05:04:00 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com