nv-l

RE: Dormant Interfaces

2000-12-20 08:26:15
Subject: RE: Dormant Interfaces
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:26:15 -0500
My understanding is that your snmpd agent in the router should not allow a
state in which the Admin status is UP and the Oper status is dormant.  He
should set the Admin status to down when you change the Oper status to
dormant, because you have taken an administrative step to bring down the
router.  The bug is in the Wellfleet code, not NetView's.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Garcia Crespo, Jose Manuel" <jogarcia AT endesa DOT es>@tkg.com on 12/20/2000
05:32:01 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com