nv-l

RE: Received Unexpected Ping (NV NT V6).

2000-12-12 16:36:16
Subject: RE: Received Unexpected Ping (NV NT V6).
From: Mike_Pearson AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:36:16 -0500
It could be a command line ping from the netview box coming back.  In 6.0.1
they have added for all pings that are received the sequence number.  You
can check the sequence numbers of those that go out as status pings to see
if they are in the same  range.  This will give you a good idea where they
are coming from.

REIBENSCHUH Alfred <alfred.reibenschuh AT it-austria DOT com>@tkg.com on
12/12/2000 03:19:15 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com