nv-l

Re: I need to modify the IP-Address from my NetView-server

2000-12-08 11:04:51
Subject: Re: I need to modify the IP-Address from my NetView-server
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:04:51 -0600
        This is a quote from the NetView class I took (Student Guide) for
NetView for AIX

        This is only supported when changing the address on the same machine
and when the new address is in the same subnet as the old address. Any
change that involves a move of the databases is NOT supported and likely
will not work.

        To change the IP address of the NetView server

        1. run odadmin odlist change_ip 1 newipaddress FALSE (where 1 is the
dispatcher number and newipaddress is the new ip address)

        2. Change the IP address of the server

        3. Change the DNS to reflect the new Ip address

        4. Reboot

        5. Start the administrators desktop

        6. Start NetView daemons without starting the GUI

        7. Run /usr/OV/service/reset_ci

        8. Start the GUI

        I have used this method and it has worked for me.

        Scott Bursik

        Leonid.Golstein AT GECITS-EU DOT COM
        12/08/2000 08:57 AM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l AT tkg DOT com>@SMTP@Exchange