nv-l

NV6.01 Symbol Status Source changing by itself

2000-12-05 18:59:00
Subject: NV6.01 Symbol Status Source changing by itself
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson AT westpac.com DOT au>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:59:00 +1100
Hi,

We have NV6.0.1 running on Solaris 2.7.

I haven't looked at the GUI window for a while and when I looked today, a
lot of our branch router's ethernet networks were marked as "Unreachable".
Several that I checked weren't actually unreachable, and NV wasn't
synchronising.

I checked a few of the symbol properties and the status source had changed
from "Compound(Propagated)" to "Object".

Is this a known bug?

How do I change the status source back to "compound" - WITHOUT using the
GUI.  There is too many to even contemplate that.

Thanks,

Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst
Westpac Banking Corporation