nv-l

Netview Platform sizing

2000-12-01 12:57:28
Subject: Netview Platform sizing
From: "Radcliffe Jr, Arthur W" <arthur.radcliffe AT aetna DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:57:28 -0500
Hello,
We are looking to upgrade our hardware next year. We are an AIX  shop, and
it will be an IBM server.
We will have about 8000 plus nodes under management.  We will not be using
MLM's in the beginning, but plan to. I was wondering if anyone has recently
gone through this process, with at least 8000 nodes (would like to hear from
folks with a lot more as well), with AIX/IBM Server,  and  let me know what
their  platform environment is like:  i.e.  number of machines, machine
model types, how much memory,  # of processors/machine, and if you are using
separate MLM's for polling, how many, and same high level info about  the