nv-l

Map Shadows and duplicate objects

2000-12-01 11:52:49
Subject: Map Shadows and duplicate objects
From: Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:52:49 -0600
I am using NetView 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3

We had discovered and manually removed objects from the root map to locations
that we had created both manually and with the location.conf file. Everything
was running OK and then I was told that discovery had stopped. I performed a
"resolve database consistencies" from serversetup and when that was completed I
reopened the map. NetView is now rediscovering the objects I have already placed
in other containers and placing them on the root map. The objects that were
already there now all have shadows. I have DB backups from every day for the
last 2 weeks if that will help.

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group