nv-l

Re: More Location.conf woes

2000-12-30 09:53:00
Subject: Re: More Location.conf woes
From: Jim Kellock RoadRunner <jkellock AT nc.rr DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:53:00 -0500
If you vi the file, try the following to remove funny characters
(usually the ^M if you've gotten hold of a PC transferred file).

The ^v is an actual ControlV, followed by M, not Carat-M. The
replacement or substituted character in the command would fall between
the // characters, so you're essentially telling it to remove the
character or replace it with nothing.  The ^ before the M shows up
automagically.
If you specify ASCII to ftp a text file, generally these PC-specific
characters will get stripped on the transfer because they're not ASCII
characters.