nv-l

SIA setup problem

2000-11-30 17:01:39
Subject: SIA setup problem
From: "Wang, Hui" <Hui.Wang AT intria DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:01:39 -0500
Hi:
I want to add some new monitors to unix28 with smconfig .I use sysmon as
community name( readwrite).After I applied it, I got the message:
Name: Received NoSuchName error ( agent may have this variable in Read Only
mode).
It seems that there are problems with /etc/snmpd.conf.I have checked this
file and restart snmpd.I still can not add monitors .
Then I started smconfig on unix28 and add one line : community sysmon unix28
255.255.255.255 readWrite to snmpd.conf.It does not work .
Do you have the same experience.Thks for your suggestion .
Regards.