nv-l

Re: NetView rules

2000-11-29 22:47:36
Subject: Re: NetView rules
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:47:36 -0500
I would start from the premise that Netview is only going to filter the
events,
and T/EC is going to correlate them. So you can make a pretty simple rule
on Netview. Start with the Pizza (default is block). Use several of the
Trap Settings
nodes, eg one per enterprise, in parallel. In each one, select all of the
specific events
that you want to pass. Send them all to a single Forward node. It will look
like a 'spider
doing push-ups on the mirror'.  E-Z.

There is also the Import capability. You could define and test smaller
rules, then
import them into one big one. But yes, you have to name one rule to forward
to T/EC.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT [email protected] on 11/29/2000 02:40:47 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com