nv-l

Re: Re: Wrong Subnet Mask on HSRP Interface

2000-11-29 22:35:34
Subject: Re: Re: Wrong Subnet Mask on HSRP Interface
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:35:34 -0500
Oh, it got through. But no good ideas have popped up, apparently.
I have not thought to examine the mask on hsrp's, so I don't know if
I've seen the problem or not. Have you tried deleting the hsrp interface
and rediscovering it?

Try checking the subnet itself. Are there any wierd devices on it? Are
there messages in netmon.trace about things being in the wrong
subnet? Sometimes things get placed on a subnet before netview
has successfully determined the mask, and it guesses. It figures it out
later, but then you have to move them. And in the past I have seen one
node with a bad mask cause a subnet to be created, and then a lot of other
innocent devices will get added to that subnet for some mysterious reason.
I think of it as guilt-by-association. Usually they correct themselves on
rediscovery. None of these observations are hsrp-specific, though.
And maybe your problem isn't, either?

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

thierry.van-mol AT CIEV.vd DOT [email protected] on 11/29/2000 05:15:09 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com