nv-l

Re: nvcorrd exit on signal 11

2000-11-29 09:05:39
Subject: Re: nvcorrd exit on signal 11
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:05:39 -0500
nvcorrd is the daemon who runs rulesets, so if you are running any that you
wrote yourself, that is likely to be the problem.
He has nothing to do with the databases so ovtopofix and unmanaging nodes
and so on will not have any effect on this problem.
There have been fixes to nvcorrd since 5.1.2, so I would put on 5.1.3 and
see if you still have it.  If you do, then your choices are to stop using
the ruleset you are, or call Support.  A core indicates an internal problem
and it is not usually something that the user can fix or avoid, except by
not using the function.
There is one open nvcorrd APAR still in progress, IY14285, which occurs if
your ruleset contains more than one Reset-On-Match node.  If this is the
one you are hitting then all you can do is not run that ruleset until it is
fixed.  But Support will be able to help you determine that if you wish.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Jose Roberto Antunes <antunes AT telesc.com DOT br> on 11/28/2000 03:08:04 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>