nv-l

bug in nvUtil?

2000-11-29 03:55:15
Subject: bug in nvUtil?
From: "Stefan.Beck" <STEFAN.BECK AT Allianz DOT de>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:55:15 +0100
Hello NetViewers,

here is a small problem that I encountered today. I tried to generate a small
list with two coloumns with nvUtil:

That works:
nvUtil e "isRouter=True"  "%IP Hostname%"

That works too:
nvUtil e "isRouter=True"  "%Selection Name%"

That works too: (without space between the two '%')
nvUtil e "isRouter=True"  "%Selection Name%%IP Hostname%"

That doesn't work: (with space between the two '%')
nvUtil e "isRouter=True"  "%Selection Name% %IP Hostname%"

I receive just one (correct) line and then:
"pure virtual method called" with returncode 255.

This error is independend of the fields used (fieldnames with or without
spaces).
Putting the fieldnames in quotation marks as described in the man page doesn't
work at all.
(you'll receive the fieldname instead of the fields values).

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated ;-)