nv-l

Re: Fwd: [RE: Forwarding events from Netview to TEC]

2000-11-27 13:18:30
Subject: Re: Fwd: [RE: Forwarding events from Netview to TEC]
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:18:30 -0500
Is you TEC server on UNIX or NT?  The default port for the TEC server to
listen on is 5529, but for UNIX, TEC events are sent to port 0, which is
owned by the portmapper daemon, who reroutes them.  If you aren't running
portmapper or you have an NT TEC server, which doesn't have a portmapper,
then you must add a stanza to the tecint.conf file while identifies what
port the TEC server is listening to.  See the man page on tecint.conf on
your UNIX box for more details (that's what I advised Carlos to do).  You
must know something about your TEC setup for this to work correctly.
I also told Carlos in my append last week on this same topic that he should
look in /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache and see if that file is growing.  If so, it
means that nvserverd on your NetView box cannot open a session with the TEC
server specified in your tecint.conf.  Once he does the cache is sent at
once and cleared.  So that is your clue that you have more work to do to
get the connection established.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com> on 11/27/2000 01:01:30 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>