nv-l

Re: How can I change the status of an object by an incoming event

2000-11-23 10:20:02
Subject: Re: How can I change the status of an object by an incoming event
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:20:02 -0500
Well, this is a rather complex issue but here are three things to check.
First, the events display in which this ruleset runs must have been started
by ovw and that ovw must be running a read-write map.  Second the object
you are trying to change the status of must be identified as the sender of
the trap, that is the hostname of the trap origin must be the selection
name of the object in the object database.  Third, the status source of the
object on the map must be "object" or "symbol".  You can determine the
status source for any map object by selecting it with the rightmost mouse
button and clicking on Edit ==> Modify / Describe ==> Symbol.

You may want to search the list for a copy of a paper I have appended to
the list a few tims before, called "Overriding status using a trap".  It
explains all this in more detail.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Karsten.Schweiger AT gecits-eu DOT com on 11/23/2000 05:25:08 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>