nv-l

All those interfaces

2000-11-22 17:32:45
Subject: All those interfaces
From: "Vidal, Chaz" <chaz.vidal AT eds DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:02:45 +1030
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to network management so I would like to ask your collective
expertise here. Please excuse me if this discussion has been done to death.
Right now, I am not sure if my NV installation is working as designed or
there is something else I need to do.

My installation is NV 6.0 on Solaris.  One Cisco router has 23 displayed
interfaces.  These are the ones with addresses. I verified this by doing a
Monitor->Network Configuration->Addressses.  When I check on the interfaces
using Monitor->Network Configuration->Interfaces, there are 41 discovered
interfaces including serial and E1 links.  And when I go to the Monitor->Mib
Values->Interface Info, I get 45 discovered interfaces.

Can anyone explain to me why I get this behavior. And also, how do I get all
45 interfaces displayed in the IP map?