nv-l

Re: Netview Trap forwarding to TEC?

2000-11-16 13:10:48
Subject: Re: Netview Trap forwarding to TEC?
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:10:48 -0500
Have you tried configuring the tecad_nv6k.err file so as create an error
log you could look at?
Look in the TEC Adapter's Guide for more inofrmaion on how to configure it,
but basically you have to put in a real file name and path.
As an example you could
Configure tecad_nv6k.err to send all messages to C:\temp\tecad.log after
creating this empty file
ovstop tecad_nv6k
ovstart tecad_nv6k
Use nvsnmptrap to send a dummy version of the event you want from a DOS
window to simulate the arrival of the event.
Check the C:\temp\tecad.log for errors

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Paul Maine Jr." <paulm AT msicc DOT com> on 11/15/2000 09:38:17 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>