nv-l

RE: Better Graphing tools for Netview

2000-11-13 11:14:07
Subject: RE: Better Graphing tools for Netview
From: "Duane Waddle/Nashville/IBM" <waddle1 AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:14:07 -0600
I didn't try the GD+GifGraph combination, but I think I'll investigate it.
And, yes, you can run grace in "commandline" mode where there is no
X-Windows.  That's how I typically run it.  But, I'm not sure if it's win32
friendly or not.  Grace will output JPEG or PNG, but not GIF (something
about the whole Unisys patent thing).

On a side note, I've wondered about what the effort would be to hack MRTG
to use Netview's RDBMS data rather than its own collection tools.  But,
I've not investigated it fully.  Thoughts?

--D

Duane Waddle
waddle1 AT us.ibm DOT com
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."  -- RFC1925

"Paul Maine Jr." <paulm AT msicc DOT com>@tkg.com on 11/13/2000 09:17:18 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com