nv-l

Re:nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update

2000-11-13 08:15:00
Subject: Re:nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update
From: "Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner AT rfv.sfa DOT se>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 13 Nov 2000 15:15:00 +0200
Thank's for suggestions regarding this ; it looks like the APAR which is opened
by Uwe Richter is very interesting
for us too. Have 2 dynamic windows with rulesets defined which both have 2
Reset-On-Match nodes. The difference is that
these 2 dynamic workspaces are never closed - saved when NetView GUI taken down
so they come up with the permanent
workspace when you start up the NetView GUI. It's correct that there is a core
dump in the file system. Can I have the APAR
number so I can read what it contains BEFORE I report this to Support ????

>Have NetView V6.0.1 and Aix 4.3.3 and have a "little" problem with nvcorrd
which
>dies on us randomly with signal 11. We have rulesets which we are using for
correlation
>and a script  which takes away some traps ( eg ISDN BRI ). Has someone
experienced
>the same problems as we have ? Any suggestions appreciated ....

Mike Gruner