nv-l

Automated creation of objects?

2000-11-10 08:50:33
Subject: Automated creation of objects?
From: "Ron Riesenberger" <rriesenb AT sprintparanet DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 07:50:33 -0600
I have about 800 objects (mostly containers) to create in a short amount
of time.  The documentation that I read only shows how to use seed files
to automatically discover nodes on the network and also how to update
fields using nvdbimport.  I don't think that either of these methods will
allow me to automate the creation of container topology.  I was hoping to
find commands that would allow me to write a script (Perl or something) to
accomplish this.  Please advise by email, thanks.  NetView 5.1 on AIX.

--
Ronald K. Riesenberger                  Technology Solutions Consultant
Pager:(800)805-5145                  Sprint Enterprise Network Services