nv-l

DMM-CTLR

2000-11-03 10:39:58
Subject: DMM-CTLR
From: Tsubasa_Kimura AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:39:58 -0600
Our customer is looking for a solution that will provide realtime port
monitoring and mail alerting of the 8260 hubs and service blades.

Previously, they would have used the NWays Manager solution but we are
lead to believe this is no longer available. With NWays Manager, the only
questions were whether or not the DMM's required RMON probes to
successfully achieve this functionality at port level. I understand both
the NWays E-MAC and T-MAC cards allow single port monitoring on Ethernet
and Token Ring Services. The current environment consists of standard DMM
cards thoroughout (DMM-CTLR).

Could you please inform us whether the above is possible to achieve the
above using NetView.

Thank you,
Tsubasa Kimura