nv-l

Re: Adding cisco traps?

2000-09-28 13:08:03
Subject: Re: Adding cisco traps?
From: Clarence Hart <rti1clh AT ismd.ups DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:08:03 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for replying...

        I ma receiving some traps from cisco that netview can format but some
        are in an "Unknown" state. I want to format the unknowns by loading
        some type of trap file , if that possible. And also I wish to create
        rules with the ruleset editor. Currently if I start the ruleset editor
        and Add the "Trap Settings" box and choose "Netview6000" I get a whole
        slew of stuff to filter on.  If I choose "cisco" from the same window
        I get NOTTA,NOTHING,ZILCH!!! I'm thinking that if I get some traps to
        show-up in the "Event Configuration Dialog" box I will be able to create
        ruleset filters.
        I think I can use the nvaddtrapdconf program but I dont know what file
        it needs to read...
        Also I am using Solaris version 6.0.0 Netview.

Clarence Hart
UPS
Office: 410-560-4182
Fax:    410-560-4329