nv-l

Re: Adding cisco traps?

2000-09-28 11:50:43
Subject: Re: Adding cisco traps?
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:50:43 -0400
Clarence -

Let's back up here.  Are you already getting Cisco-specifc traps that you
want to format or select for further processing or  not ?   If you have
6.0.1 for UNIX then you have a trapd.conf you can merge with nvaddtrapdconf
to add a bunch of Cisco trap formats, but otherwise you will have to do it
the old fashioned way with mib2trap and the script from the Cisco website,
and by hand.  But that has nothing to do with rulesets nor with getting
Cisco traps in the event window.  The standard ruleset forwardall.rs will
show all traps even Cisco's if they are there to be shown.  The only thing
trapd.conf does is format them they way you want.  So can you clarify here
what problem you are tying to solve?

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Clarence Hart <rti1clh AT ismd.ups DOT com> on 09/28/2000 11:04:56 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>