nv-l

NetView Mail not working

2000-09-28 11:40:34
Subject: NetView Mail not working
From: Nitin vaidya <nitinvaidya_98 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
I am configuring NetView NT ver 6.0.1 . I need to
configure Automated mail for specific events. I am not
able to send Mail from the NetView NT server.

I have MS Outlook client configured on my NT server.

Before configuring the trap, I am trying the "nvmail"
command from dos prompt. Once I give the command , I
get the next prompt. No errors are shown. But the mail
does not reach the recipient.

I am using the command

c:\> nvmail -server soment.intl.abc.com -recipient
nitinvaidya_98 AT yahoo DOT com -subject "hello"

I also tried sending mail to a local user
"deepali.dhar AT intl.abc DOT com" but the mail does not
reach.

What do I need to do to confirm that the mail setup in
my NT Server and the Mail server is correct.

How can I check that the mail is going from my NT
server ?

Thanx in advance
Nitin Vaidya...