nv-l

Re: NV 6.0.1 Cisco goodies

2000-09-26 12:30:05
Subject: Re: NV 6.0.1 Cisco goodies
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:30:05 -0400

The mibs are there but not loaded. And the traps are there, but in
/usr/OV/newconfig/OVSNMP-RUN/trapd.conf, which you can merge
using the nvaddtrapdconf utility.  The only doc I saw on this great news
was James' append the other day.  I tried it and it worked just fine.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>@tkg.com on 09/26/2000 12:08:02
PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com

cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] NV 6.0.1 Cisco goodies

I have just upgraded to NV 6.0.1 on AIX but I already had full
integration with CiscoWorks 2000 (traps, Mibs, icons etc).  My
understanding was that 6.0.1 would load up lots of extra Cisco MIBs and
traps if you didn't already have them.  Nothing has changed for me, but
perhaps I had them anyway??  There is nothing explicit in the Release
Note - jusrt a couple of lines talking about the CiscoWorks adapter code
(which does seem to be there).

So, can anyone confirm that I would get extra Cisco MIBs and Traps
loaded, without installing the CiscoWorks integration adapter, if they
were not already there?

Thanks,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565