nv-l

Re: Mibtable usage (2)

2000-09-25 02:59:35
Subject: Re: Mibtable usage (2)
From: luc BARNOUIN <luc.barnouin AT fr.airsysatm.thomson-csf DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:59:35 +0200
Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME.
James,

Thanks for handling my questions.

I understood the "-inst" purpose, and it works perfectly well in the following
sample :

/usr/OV/bin/mibtable -table .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1 -fields
Name=3:25,Size=5:11,Used=6:11 -inst 1,2 -node <nodename>

where I get the first two instances of the hrStorageTable. But my concern was
with
the sentence "Also, an asterisk (*) can be used as a pattern-matching character
at
the  end of an instance." extracted from the man pages...

Luc