nv-l

When is a node a router for NetView

2000-09-15 09:49:57
Subject: When is a node a router for NetView
From: "Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers AT hitt DOT nl>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:49:57 +0200
Hello list,
Running NV5.1.2 on Solaris 2.7

We have nodes in our system which have the object fields isIPRouter,
isConnector, isRouter set to TRUE.
The system administrator says that the node is NOT configured as a Router.

Can someone tell me what brings NetView to the conclusion that it is a
Router?
I guess it is something in MIB-2, but I can't find what.

Thanks in advance.

Laurens Rauwers

HITT, Holland Institute of Traffic Technology B.V.
P.O. Box 717, 7300 AS Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Oude Apeldoornseweg 41-45, Bldg Y, 7333 NR Apeldoorn, The Netherlands

Phone:                  +31 55 543 2588
Fax:                    +31 55 543 2553
E-mail:                         rauwers AT hitt DOT nl
World Wide Web:         http://www.hitt.nl