nv-l

ObjectName

2000-09-13 11:16:59
Subject: ObjectName
From: Takahiro Komiya <kommy AT imasy.or DOT jp>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:16:59 +0900
Hello all,

Please tell me the rule of object naming.

There are many routers in our network. NetView can discover all of our
routers, but I can't predict the object name which is discovered by
NetView.

For example, Router1 has 3 Ethernet interfaces:

        Interface0/?    10.194.40.1
        Interface1/?    10.195.50.254
        Interface2/?    10.196.40.254

And Router2 has 3 Ethernet interfaces too:

        Interface0      10.194.40.2
        Interface1      10.197.100.254
        Interface2      10.198.101.254

The object names are "10.194.40.1", "10.198.101.254" respectively.

There are no IP addresses of routers in /etc/hosts on NetView server.

My Environment:
        NetView for UNIX ver 6.0 + NLS (Japanese)
        J-Solaris2.6 HW5/98 + latest recommended patch cluster
        Tivoli Framework 3.6.1 + NLS

        /etc/nsswitch.conf
                hosts:  files