nv-l

Re: Vendor Web Integration

2000-08-24 16:34:48
Subject: Re: Vendor Web Integration
From: "Karin Binder" <karin.binder AT nwa DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:34:48 -0500
Joel,

How about automating processing based on the Netview Node Added trap
(IBM_NVADD_EV 8785794)?

You could use a ruleset to select Node Added traps, query a collection or
database field for the desired device type (i.e. vendor cisco, etc.), and
then 'set database field' or call a script and use nvdbimport.  Or set up an
automated action to call a script to do the whole thing.
This would cover initial discovery and ongoing changes.

Just a thought.  I have not done this.  This is not tested.
There may be a performance hit from the additional database queries.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Karin Binder