nv-l

Re: Millenium Bug in colData

2000-08-24 10:45:32
Subject: Re: Millenium Bug in colData
From: lclark AT us.ibm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:45:32 -0400

This is apar IY07219. The fix is shipped with 6.01, and has also been
available as
an efix from support since the first of the year.

Notes from the original posting of the problem:

Flash for NetView Y2k issue documented in APAR IY07219.

Users affected:  Any NetView for Unix user that uses nvColToSQL to convert
SNMP
flat file data into a
SQL database or any user of NetView Tivoli Decision Support Guides. This is
not
a service down situation.

Resolution:  An efix has been coded for IY07219 and is available by
contacting
Tivoli service.

IMPORTANT: This fix repairs the conversion process to ensure data integrity
for
snmpCollect data
transferred AFTER installation of the fix.  Data converted after the year
change
and before the installation
of this fix must be deleted from the relational database using the
nvColTable -C
command and reconverted
from the existing flat files in /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect.  These files
are
not deleted when converted
to the relational database so they are still available to be converted
correctly, using the repaired
nvColToSQL command.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Leonid.Golstein AT gecits-eu DOT [email protected] on 08/24/2000 11:06:03 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com