nv-l

Re: FORE Systems Hardware

2000-08-24 10:04:21
Subject: Re: FORE Systems Hardware
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT kardinia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:04:21 +1000
Hi Leslie,
At 10:58 PM 23-08-00 -0400, you wrote:

>Tivoli Manager for Network Hardware - according to te datasheet on the
>Tivoli website:
>It supports CiscoWorks2000, IBM Nways Manager, Optivity, &Transcend
>Enterprise Manager.
>
>This product scans the databases of other products (eg the Cisco2000
>database) for
>data that can be added to the Tivoli Inventory database. It does not poll
>the network
>or scan the Netview database, which of course has little in it other than
>the SNMP
>sysDescr mib variable.  If that's what you were thinking of.

I'm not sure if "you" refers to me or to Tsubasa Kimura who asked the
original question!
If  you=me, then what I was thinking of in my comment on SNMP Gets is that
the Fore switch MIB has variables like boardVersion, boardModel,
boardSerialNumber, moduleHwMajorRev, moduleHwMinorRev, moduleVersion,
moduleProductNumber, moduleSerialNumber,...