nv-l

Re: FORE Systems Hardware

2000-08-23 22:04:37
Subject: Re: FORE Systems Hardware
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT kardinia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:04:37 +1000
Hi Tsubasa,
At 03:03 PM 23-08-00 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Can Netview monitor network bandwidth usage across an ATM backbone on FORE
>systems hardware?

The NetView data collector can be set up to collect data on MIB variables
from any MIB that you load. So you need to:
- make sure your particular switches support the Fore switch MIB
- load the Fore switch MIB into NetView
- set up data collection on appropriate MIB variables. (The Fore switch MIB
has counters for transmitted cells by board, module, port, VPI, VCI)
- calculate usage metrics from the MIB variable values you collect.

>Are we able to get inventory information for FORE systems hardware with the
>Manager for Network Hardware product?

Sorry, I am not familar with this product. But you could use NetView to do
SNMP Gets on your nodes and get the information.

>Thank you!
>-tsubasa

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software