nv-l

Managing Objects

2000-08-16 09:27:56
Subject: Managing Objects
From: CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS AT customs.treas DOT gov
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:27:56 -0400
     I am using Netview 6 on AIX 4.

     I have setup a location.conf file and a seedfile. The seedfile simply
     contains a list of the oids that I want to discover.

     Everything works great, all my locations are created in the right
     places and the networks are discovered, except there are no routers or
     switches listed under the locations. I know I have the right oids in
     the seedfile because I used the seedfile from one of my production
     machines. If I click on and manage a network, it then discovers the
     equipment.

     Any ideas how I can get the equipment discovered without having to go
     in and manage every network by hand?

     TIA

     Chance Ellis
     Network Engineer