nv-l

Re: Re-Discovery under NetView 5.1 on AIX

2000-08-14 09:16:00
Subject: Re: Re-Discovery under NetView 5.1 on AIX
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:16:00 -0400

Les -

Re-discovery will not occur unless you delete the objects from the current
database.  The way to do that is with Locate and Edit.   I question your claim
that these objects are not on any submap -- NetView will put everything in its
databases on the map and there they will stay unless you have removed them.

And when you say 5.1, I hope that you mean "5.1.3" the latest maintenance
release for NetView 5.1.  No one should be doing any map customization at the
older levels, unless they just want to go looking for trouble.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Les Dickert" <lesdickert AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> on 08/11/2000 10:34:27 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>