nv-l

RE: Netmon Startup Error

2000-08-10 13:26:14
Subject: RE: Netmon Startup Error
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel AT eds DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:26:14 -0400
Thanks. That was it.

Shailesh

-----Original Message-----
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com [mailto:James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 10:56 AM
To: NV-L AT tkg DOT com
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Netmon Startup Error

It has been pointed out to me that perhaps my last append was a bit hasty.
Have
you recently changed any netmon options?  If so, try putting them back the
way
they were using the GUI, and if that fails,  review your /usr/OV/conf/ovsuf
file.  Look for the netmon entry that starts with "0:netmon" and looks at
the
options "-P,-S,-u" or what have you.  Do they appear to be syntactically OK
--
not run together or missing punctuation?

You will still have to call Support if this doesn't help.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

---------------------- Forwarded by James Shanks/Tivoli Systems on
08/10/2000

James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com on 08/10/2000 09:58:17 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>