nv-l

Re: my NV 6.0 dislikes the webserver - reset_ci fixed the problem

2000-08-09 03:32:37
Subject: Re: my NV 6.0 dislikes the webserver - reset_ci fixed the problem
From: "Werner Nixdorf" <werner.nixdorf AT datev DOT de>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:32:37 +0200
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

My tivoli is still running on a sun-box in that area so maybe in the script is
some code trying to check or verify anything in a local tivoli-installation.

Thanks again for the Information.

kannix
  Offhand, I cannot  say if this is a problem or not.   The error actually comes
  not from snmpCollect but from code that was added to check your Tivoli
Framework
  oserv.  If you can start the Tivoli desktop after sourcing the Tivoli
  environment, (run
  "  .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh "  and  then type  "  tivoli ") then there is
  nothing to worry about.    If you can't then you will have to pursue fixing
  that.  That is harder to do.  The Framework books have big discussion on this.

  If you cannot start the desktop, then I would see if oserv is running, ( " ps
  -ef  | grep oserv " ) and if not try starting it (again you must have the
Tivoli
  environment sourced first)  and then try " oserv -k $DBDIR -N ali ".  If it is
  still running you must stop it before you try to restart it, by issuing "
  odadmin shutdown all ".    If that doesn't work, you may have to kill the
oserv
  process. If you cannot restart it, then I recommend you call Support. The
  Framework is not simple to get going again once it has been messed up.

  James Shanks
  Team Leader, Level 3 Support
   Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT